Another year has passed and with so much hope and new dreams, we enter the new year.
It may seem strange, but with the start of a new year, we are also more motivated to improve ourselves and ready to change habits.
Even if you don’t need the beginning of the year to change, a new year could be the starting point for those who would like to start a new life and work on their dreams.
If you are determined to change your habits and would like some ideas on what to write on your list of resolutions, you are in the right place.
The new year is approaching and like every year, we write happily and with motivation the list of our goals and resolutions that we want to complete in the new year.
Today in this post, I’m going to list 84 new year resolution ideas for a successful year that you can add to your list of resolutions.
But before that, why do you need to write your new year’s resolutions?
Pin it for later!
Why you should write new year’s resolutions?
Before starting with the new year resolution ideas, I want you to know why it is important to write resolutions for the new year if you are intent on pursuing your goals.
- helps you take control of your life through small manageable steps
- improve your self-esteem by motivating yourself to take action and take control of your life
- makes you motivated to change
- if you manage to reach a goal, you feel accomplished
How to succeed in your new year’s resolutions?
- Simplify the goal: if you want to lose weight, you can’t proceed quickly, but gradually.
In this step, you can help yourself by deciding the kg you would like to lose in a month (e.g. 1 kg) and continue like this for the next 4 months.
- Plan the different steps to take: this means writing down exactly what you’re going to do to achieve your goal.
In the case of losing weight, this can be eating more vegetables, playing sports 3 times a week, and so on.
- Goals must be SMART: Your goals must be simple, measurable, achievable, realistic, and, time-bound.
So set yourself a goal that is simple and achievable, that you can do, and practice it for a certain amount of time.
- Set small, manageable goals that lead to a bigger goal: In this step instead, the monthly goals are what you need. By setting monthly goals and proceeding step by step, you can measure your progress over time until you reach your goal. (List of 30 monthly goal ideas for self improvement)
New year resolution ideas for a successful year
Now that we’ve covered why it’s important to set new year’s resolutions and how to stick to them, let’s dive into 84 new year resolution ideas you can add to your 2023 goal list.
You will find:
- 24 new year resolution ideas for your finance
- 18 new year resolution ideas for your health
- 29 new year resolution ideas for your mind and self-care
- 13 new year resolution ideas for your productivity
New year resolution ideas for your finance
1) Create and stick to a personal budget
2) Build a monthly emergency fund
3) Save money on rent
4) Pay off your credit card debt
5) Track your expenses
6) Start saving for your pension
7) Commit to “no-spend” days
8) Start investing
9) Spend less money
10) Cut back on your weekly grocery spend
11) Learn how to save money
12) Cancel subscription services you no longer use
13) Save for your dream vacation
14) Listen to personal finance podcasts
15) Reduce your bills
16) Create a spending plan
17) Eat at home instead of eating out
18) Change your spending habits
19) Start a side hustle for extra cash
20) Follow the 50/30/20 budgeting rule
21) Compare shops and look for discounts
22) Jumpstart a new career
23) Write a business plan
24) Start a blog that makes money
New year resolution ideas for your health
1) Eat more whole foods
2) Get more quality sleep
3) Spend more time outside
4) Make time for cuddling
5) Cook something new each week
6) Start walking more (10k steps per day)
7) Take care of your teeth
8) Invest in your skincare routine
9) Limit screen time
10) Cut back on alcohol
11) Wear sunscreen every day
12) Create a cleaning schedule
13) Quit smoking
14) Eat more vegetables
15) Drink more water
16) Start your favorite sport
17) Take the stairs
18) Keep a consistent sleep schedule
New year resolution ideas for your mind and self-care
1) Try a new hobby
2) Start journaling every day
3) Read a book a month
4) Get a new haircut
5) Be more present
6) Practice mindfulness
7) Get in a body-positive mindset
8) Write to yourself
9) Go a complete day without checking your email
10) Let go of grudges
11) Develop an abundance mindset
12) Enjoy the little things
13) Give yourself more compliments
14) Avoid or get rid of toxic people
15) Learn a new skill
16) Write down one thing you’re grateful for every night
17) Learn a new language
18) Create a positive attitude
19) Talk to yourself with kindness
20) Do one thing at a time
21) Stop gossiping
22) Make your bed every morning
23) Spend more time in nature
24) Become more confident
25) Bring more peace into your life
26) Nurture true friendships
27) Cultivate compassion
28) Love yourself unconditionally
29) Spend more time with family and friends
New year resolution ideas for more productivity
1) Get more organized with a daily planner
2) Stop procrastinating
3) Stick to a daily to-do list
4) Avoid multitasking
5) Start organizing your weeks and months with a calendar
6) Do one thing at a time
7) Get into a consistent productive routine
8) Start using time-blocking
9) Focus on small and actionable ideas
10) Keep your workspace organized
11) Get at least 6 hours of sleep every day
12) Take one mental health day each week
13) Focus on just one goal at a time
If during the year you haven’t had the motivation to change and reach your goals, the end of the year and the beginning of a new one is the perfect time to start developing new habits, set new goals, and above all develop a plan to crush your goals!
I hope these 84 new year resolution ideas have given you some inspiration and that you can realize your visions and make the new year your year!
Let’s start this new adventure together!